I can't install NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by zavantect20, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zavantect20

zavantect20 Registered Member

I can't install the last version of NOD32 smart, during the process all is right but when this status is: Action restoration
    the installation returns and appears a message that says that a probles ocurred during the installation.
    What I can do now?

My OS is Windows XP SP2, actually seems that some virus infected my computer.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. zavantect20

I run the online NOD32 antivirus and a AHC Trojan was detected but the problem persists i can't install NOD32 and i can't load web pages particulary pages from Windows Live Mail (Hotmail).
    I used RegSeeker and SpyBot SD but the problem persists
    What i do now?

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

What security programs are you using or have used in the past?

5. zavantect20

I was using Kaspesrsky Antivirus and SpyBot Search & Destroy this programs detected one Trojan Virus and changes to the Windows Registry, but the problem persists and now can't install de NOD32 antivirus.
    Help ,me please! What i do now?

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Assuming you have removed your other antivirus programs, you can use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove any entries by Kaspersky and Eset and try to install ESS again.

If you suspect you may be infected, post a log on a forum mentioned in this post.

7. zavantect20

I used Windows Installer Cleanup Utility but it don't show neither entrie of NOD32 and Kaspersky and yes I uninstalled my old antivirus because have errors in the protection of registry but now i can't install NOD32 and my PC is without protection. How i can create a log file? and What other program i can use to solve this problem?
    Thanks

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You can downoad Sysinspector and save the log until such time as it is requested by an ESET moderator.

Or, you can post a log as mentioned before if you think you are infected.

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

In addition to that , zavantect20 can create an installation log file from NOD32 itself which will reveal more information about why the installation failed.

For NOD32 :
    Move the NOD32's install file to the main C:\ drive (assume C:\ is the drive where your OS is installed)

Then goto Start->Run-> type cmd and press ENTER.
    Type cd\ and press ENTER
    type eav_nt32_enu.msi /lvx* installNOD32.log (for x86 system)
    or
    type eav_nt64_enu.msi /lvx* installNOD32.log (for x64 system)

and press ENTER

This will run the setup file with the parameters to make a detailed log file called installNOD32.log . It in the C:\

Send this file to email support@eset.com along with C:\Windows\setupapi.log and the ESET SysInspector log file (send the 3 files as attachments)

For ESET Smart Security , instructions here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1111425&postcount=2

N.B.! The instuctions are for Home editions , English versions. The commands in the Command prompt won't work if non-English or Business edition versions are used

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.