I can't download this program

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by TerryFox, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Hi ... I have been trying to download Ultimate Boot CD , Every link I try to download from ( http://www.ubcd4win.com/downloads.htm ) I would get a pop window from NOD32 warning alert , Whats going on ? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

3. TerryFox

Hey there ... That what I thought I was doing here but, I guess its best that I send it direct to Eset ....:)

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Make sure you have detection of potentially dangerous applications disabled both in the AMON and IMON setup.

5. TerryFox

Hi ... Thanks for the tip , I have done as you suggested , I was able to download the program with your suggestion, Though afterward

I should replace those check marks that I removed, Correct ? I'm also curious whether this is the right place to place false

positive or any types of alert within this forum site for NOD32 , Or is it just best to send to Eset instead ? I mean it would be

beneficial for the consumer to actually notice a respond to their problem and to see a possible temporary solution...

Thanks...:)

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Doing both would be a good idea.

7. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

This has been posted about recently again already in detail -->HERE<--
    The specific detection you mention in UBCD is not a false positive unless you have a modified version of the Ultimate Boot CD - it is a correct detection for PDA as Marcos has already mentioned - tools and admin applications, netcat and similar if I remember - that are potentially dangerious if you do not want them on your PC or have not put them there yourself.

Don't be surprised if you are alerted AMON picks something up next time you access the download with PDA re-enabled.

Cheers :)

8. TerryFox

WoW, What are the odds someone else was trying to download the same program and this topic was already posted, But thanks any ways for the info

BTW I don't see a problem as of yet when I did re- enable AMON and IMON

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  9. CyberMew

CyberMew Registered Member

They should tell you how it is being detected(PDA or AH or etc) so you know what's happening

10. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

If you scan the file you can see in the log that the detections are for tools and applications but it would be nice to know in the warning window by what detection type/s it is...
    Maybe add it to the 'Future Suggestions and Improvements' if it hasn't already been?

Cheers :)

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Usually you see it in the name, PDA are usually named as an application, adware/riskware is also used in names.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.