I can't believe I did this ...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by DELLsFan, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DELLsFan

DELLsFan Registered Member

So I have long since abandoned my AOL account, but occasionally access it to see if a past or present friend is trying to reach me there. Yesterday, I did a bad thing and clicked on a link that I thought would remove me from a political email list, but as I looked closer, it occurred to me that clicking the link may have compromised something on my system instead.

I downloaded the latest version of HiJackthis and was wondering if anyone knowledgeable here could please analyze my entries and opine on the implications of my stupidity yesterday. If I have any doubts, I'll just reformat and be done with it. I am my worse critic and am usually very self conscious about security and I NEVER click links unless I knopw who they are from ... but I clicked this one ... <<sigh>>

I have long been an ESET NOD32 user and apologize if this is not the best place for this sort of request.

Anyway, here is the HiJackthis report. The numerous "file missing" entries concern me the most, but I do recognize several of the programs here as valid:

Snip:
    Posting HijackThis logs is not allowed by Wilders' policy. Please contact ESET Customer care and supply them with a SysInspector log for perusal.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2011
  2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

To make this official, it's always best to contact ESET Customer Care for assistance if you feel you may have compromised your system. Thanks!

3. Wallaby

Wallaby Registered Member

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

That site is automated and reputation based, there is no subsbstitute for hands-on assistance.

5. DELLsFan

DELLsFan Registered Member

Thanks for the advice folks ... and I'm sorry I erred in posting the report here. I did download and run SysInspector. Wow! Everything I need to know and more!

I should definitely follow through with customer care because there were lots of things I just don't know what they are. If the entries were orange (not green), it seems to me that the program either didn't recognize them as being bad, but couldn't know they were safe.

I REALLY don't want to reformat ... but if there is any doubt after I seek and receive some advice, I don't have much of a choice. I really hate AOL ... Member emails have become the target of cesspool phishers and hackers and I really regret even opening any emails there now! :ouch:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.