I am my worst enemy!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Hho, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hho

Hho Registered Member

Hallo Everybody
    Her is a good (true) story of an overconfident middle age nerd who backed himself it to a corner where he can't get outoff ( yet).

Yesterday I had enough of my old xp installation it was getting old and a lot been installed and deleted. Since a while my browser ( firefox) was sluggish and lately my printer started to spin. I ran TDS3, AVG and Spybot. An all clear from all the programs. So I reinstalled C: which I only use for the OS and programs, D: and E: are on a seperate physical drive and containing the data and back up files. Everything went well, got even sp2 loaded,
    cleaned out C: with the power toys. I was champion, on top off the world. " king ****".Installed Acronis power utools and things where looking very bright. A mate arrives with a couple of beers combined with the content off my fridge we had a good early evening party to celebrate the succesfull day. After 4-5 beers feeling even larger and more invincible I got back to the computer.
    Somehow I run drive cleanser with the intension it would do the same as Windows drive cleaner ( Usually I'm not that dummmmmmmmmmmmm). I selected D: and E: the wiping process stayed as default. I ran drive cleanser for about 10 seconds in that time I transformed from an overcinfident nerd to a self hating midget.I stopped everything and run recovery expert who found D: ( sort off) but could not reinstate it now it is running a long recovery ( since 12 hours) and is still going.
    I have a complete set of Acronis rescue floppies.
    Please be my guest have a good laugh tell a friend or two and laugh again.
    After all that fun, any solutions to get back out off the dead end road.
    Here is the desert to the story: Haven't got a back up on CD/DVD for D/E.
    Please help!!!!!!
    Thanks
    Hho
    Sorry about the bad english.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Better just kick back and have a few more cold ones :D ;)

bigc

3. Hho

Hho Registered Member

Happy again

Hi everybody
    Got my files back! wow took me 36 hours to learn how to and what to use.
    A few more cold ones were a good start, but then after a night sleep and recovery expert could not find anything I attacked the situation without the boost of cold beer. I read a lot and gave O&O disk_recovery_3 a go.
    It did the trick. I got all the files with new names ( numbers) sorted by file extensions. There are on D: 9600 files(there is a filing job) E: got recovered completly with names and everything.
    I'm happy, very.
    Thanks CYA
    Hho

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.