I am back to NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by garyrh, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyrh

garyrh Registered Member

After using NOD32 for a year and some minor issues with it so I moved to Kaspersky for a year and had no problems with it but it slowed my computer a little but I could live with it. I am back to NOD32 and so far I have not had one problem with the new version and my computer is faster compared to KAV. I am very happy with it and it will be for two years. I will only use NOD32 or KAV on my computer.:D

2. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

G'Day garyrh

I arrived at a similar conclusion. KAV made my PC 'sluggish'. What are you doing about a firewall?

3. donsan

donsan Registered Member

I to am using nod once again.I have a license for kav and seem to switch to kav once and a while but always return to nod i truely think nod is a great product.Nod runs very well along side outpost pro.

4. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Although I had hesitated and tried other AV"s and suites for a good part of this year, I will renew my NOD32 license. Just cannot beat the configurability and th eperformance of this app.

My question though is, with the coming suite whenever that is, what is best to do now, renew for 1 or 2 years? Will there be an additional price we will pay for the suite? I would think so. For now, I will probably renew for 2 years.

Gary

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I to am thinking of converting back. Avira has taken to long to add antispam and rootkit detection to their suite. Nod protects better.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Most of the reviews I've seen regarding anti-spam in suites suggests it doesn't work very well anyway.

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

suites should forget anti spam.
    spam should be dealt by your ISP.
    or mail provider.
    jeff your thinking of changing back to nod32 because its taking ages for them to put the antirootkit in.
    some people are moving away from nod32 because 3.0 isnt coming out for a while.
    my two fav av's are kav and nod32.
    kav doesnt seem to make my pc sluggish but then again i haven't tryed anything on this pc thats meant to be lighter so i wouldn't know
    also can you explain why you think kav isnt worth it?
    is it the price?
    or the program itself?

lodore

8. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

No suite for me! Nod + Avg Antispyware (paid) is a very powerful combination and it runs like silk! As far as spam goes, I use Mailmoa, just view and delete at server level before getting your mail! Spamfiltering is a very complicated issue and the learning part of an Anti Spam program is just as complicated.....every spam mail is different and I find it no use trying to train any Anti Spam program or module, as you'll be training all day long. Just view and delete at the server and it works!

9. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Gents,

Please refrain from "other software bashing". Apart from that: AV comparisons overall do have their on spot over here - and this one isn't it.

regards,

paul

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

sorry Paul but i was just asking why trjam said done bother with kav and i wondered why.
    lodore

11. Paul Wilders

No problem at all - but please start a new thread over here for antivirus comparisons and discussions ;) .

regards,

paul

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Comments edited, sorry Paul. Lodore, all are good, but still feel right now that Nod provides the most bang for the buck.

13. Paul Wilders

Thanks gents ;)

regards,

paul

14. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Could not agree more about that.

Gary

15. garyrh

garyrh Registered Member

I have a Watchguard firewall router so I don't use a software firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.