I am a software developer and I get false positives...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Siginet, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siginet

Siginet Registered Member

Hello Eset community,
    I develope a lot of programs which are widley used by many people for creating unattended windows install media. I also have been working on my own computer maintenance utility for the past few years. I have noticed that nod32 does not like autoit created programs very much. :(

I have in the past submitted my programs to the known places for review by many antivirus programs... and most of the antivirus programs seem to be ok with my programs now. But nod32 seems to continue to show false positives on my programs. :( Which is very sad because I do enjoy nod32... but I can't use it anymore for this very reason... and many of my users have had the same problem.

So I decided to post this message here in hopes that I can communicte with you directly in an effort to hopefully be able to get my programs into your database as clean and free from viruses.

I can PM you any files and/or source code if you need them.

I hope you will help me. :thumb:

Thank you very much!

Christopher

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    you can submit your program in a password protected archive (we prefer to use the password "infected") to samples[at]eset.com with "False positive" in the subject and also enclose as much information about the program as possible (ie. the website we could download it from, the version number that is detected, etc.)

3. Siginet

Siginet Registered Member

Thank You very much for that information. :) I will do this very soon for all of my programs that are detected as false positives.

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

That was an issue I ran into with my software too. Eset handles False Positives very quickly too.

Something else you might want to try is to upload your program to VirusTotal
    or Jotti to make sure its not being detected by other AV programs.

If you intend to release it to the public, or even locations with different Security software, its a good idea to see how it will react ahead of time.
    I had to contact 4 different AV Vendors with my last program because of a False Positive, and they all had it fixed within a day or two.

Just an FYI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.