I am a novice please help!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by kjanes, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjanes

kjanes Registered Member

xxx{/COLOR]I have a laptop Toshiba Satellite A75-S229 loaded with Windows XP, Norton Anti Virus Protection, Spybot Search and Destroy as well as AdWare for anti spyware protection. I am not sure what I have for a firewall (it came preloaded on this laptop)

My question is the following; Is Spyware Blaster a "passive program" meaning I don't have to run it for scans? I have tried to find some information about how to use this software but other than loading updates it does not appear to be doing anything, but I can't be sure.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

No it does not have to run to provide protection. Once it is installed, updated and the protection set it is a passive protection. just check for updates at least once a week.

bigc

3. SexIsGood4U

SexIsGood4U Registered Member

Hi Kjanes,

Without going into details and complexing your brain. This is the best advice I can give any novice of all the advice everyone is going to give you. ;)

There are alot of different type of programms and software that people are going to say that you should have. Listen to them and take the most common ones and try them out. Only that you do not have too many of the same programms on your pc at any one time, cos some will conflict with others.

Try the ones you do load on your pc and see which of them are user friendly to 'you'.

During your trial period, which basically means now to whenever you have a better understanding of what you are after as your set up. Make sure you "Back-up all important documents else where, (cd, dvd, external hard drive, .... ect) so that your life does not disappear in front of your eyes :'(

When you have a stronger understanding and feeling more confident of your PC, then re-install your OS XP (operating system) and the programms that you have become accustomed to. :D

But be prepared for changes in the future.... life is always changing and in anything IT changes even faster. Hopefully by then, you will have gathered more understanding of the ins and outs of your pc. This is what I have offered to alot of my friends that are novice in pc's and either wish to or have bought a pc like yourself. It's always handy to have afew friends close by that understand pc's as well. ;)

It's like mobile phones, I have lists of everyone on that phone. If something happenes to the sim card...... I have just lost contact with some of the most important of people in my life... so how do avoid this? ... Have a copy else where. ("Back-Up important documents", it's like insurance. You might never use it, but hey.... the most common stupid world used is "IF")
    Life is one big risk, but somethings you can avoid.
    One rule I do follow myself to try to simplify life if possible;
    "KISSASS" - Keep It Short Simple And Stupid Silly. :cool:

Kindest Regards
    SexIsGood4U :p

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.