Hyper-Threading: some news !

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Frederic, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi All,

A first driver supposed to fix some issues (all ?) with HyperThreading is available here:

http://looknstop.soft4ever.com/Beta/HT/3.02%20T2/

You need to have the 2.05b1 installed to test this new driver, then:
    - rename c:\windows\system32\drivers\lnsfw1.sys to lnsfw1.old (if not already the case)
    - copy the new driver into c:\windows\system32\drivers\
    - reboot

Thanks in advance for testing.

In case of BSOD, please send us the MiniDump files to looknstop@soft4ever.com.

Frederic

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Congratulations Frederic!!!!

I knew you would come up with a solution for HT users…

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi Phant0m,

Thanks for your support, but don't speak too quickly ;)

Confirmations are required from users who had the issue.

Frederic

4. Phant0m

Yea I been told yesterday about it, he continually surfing the net(for about 4 hours), continually returning to the 3 web pages where the problem first surfaced to no avail in reproducing the HT issue.

I think if it was going to occur it would have by now, and from what I can tell it hadn’t so I believe you succeeded! SO CONGRATULATIONS!!! ;)

5. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

does this driver only fix the ht thing or do you recommend it for all of us??

ruben

6. Phant0m

Hey tosbsas

This driver is recommended regardless if you HT

7. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

is there any improvments regarding leaktests or is it just _only_ to fix the HT issue ?

8. noel1947

noel1947 Registered Member

Frederic and Phant0m

Confirming my advice per pm and e-mail that new driver does the trick.
    Have surfed the net and continued on an ad hoc basis to visit those 3 sites for all up approx 7-8 hours with no problems. Have tried IE and Myie2 browsers same result. Previously, problem would rear it's ugly head after approx 5 minutes.

As Phant0m said; congratulations seem to be in order Frederic.

noel1947

9. Phant0m

Hey gkweb

There are other improvements in the driver, regarding leaktest improvements? No, or at least not any I’m aware of.

10. Phant0m

Hey noel1947

Thanks for the confirmation post!
    I’m happy a solution has been found, now you probably have a bit of catching up to-do?

11. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

Sweet DEAL ! I'm looking forward to testing that out my PC at home. ( If I can ever be home.... lol that's what you get when your BF lives alone mouiahahaha )

sorry TMI...

12. Harold77

Harold77 Registered Member

I've been without my favourite firewall for months because it wouldn't work with my P4 processor... man am I glad Frederic got it fixed!

I've been using it for two days now and it is flawless surfing so far... I even purchased a new license (couldn't find my old one) to show my appreciation for Frederic's hard work... great work Frederic and thanks a bunch. :)

13. Phant0m

14. Goodnews

Goodnews Guest

Thats sounds great!!

I never had a problem though when i had my pentium4 800 fsb chip.I now have the amd 64 chip and once again i have no problems.

Ill tell ya Frederic i love this firewall----but i just hate everytime i change a harddrive or i format to a different operating system i have to contact you guys for another key code.

And as much as i like this firewall i probuly will not renew because this is such a pain for me.In other forums across the internet it is a pain for a many people.

Out of all the programs ive purchased for my computer--this is the only 1 i have to do that with.

*puppy*

15. Phant0m

I cant see why one would continuously be switching between Operating Systems and Hard Drives, doesn’t make sense to me but all the same one can contact Frederic and normally receive updated Code Info within 24hrs.

16. GoodNews

GoodNews Guest

In the same way you can't understand why i do what i do---i can't understand why can't he just have a key code like everyone else---i shouldnt have to contact anyone after a format or installing a new harddrive.

The only time i should contact look-n-stop is at the end of the year to renew!

This is my ONLY beef with the product.To me it's a pain in the azz to have to e-mail everytime for a new keycode.

And by the way---my key is not generated with in 24hrs--more like 3-5 days later.

And if i forget to e-mail right away for a new keycode and it is close to 30days later then i will not have any outbound protection untill i get the new keycode.

thats my$ 41.75 opinion.Of course this was the price of LNS with sales tax to d/l it.

17. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

I had the "pb" too but you have _30 days_ to ask a new code and to receive it.

18. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Thanks a lot, Harold :cool:

Frederic

19. Harold77

Harold77 Registered Member

Hi Frederic, glad to hear from you.

While I was waiting for the Hyper-Threading problem to be fixed, I used Sygate Pro 5 and while it's a very good firewall, my surfing always seemed a little sluggish with it.

After going back to LNS, I can see that my perceptions about sluggish surfing weren't in my imagination, web pages load perceptively faster now that I'm not using Sygate anymore.

I'm glad LNS hasn't been bloated up with additional functions like so many other firewalls have done... LNS is exactly what I want and need in a firewall, great protection and performance... if I want ad blockers, pop-up blockers and other capabilities for my system, I'll install software specifically designed for that purpose.

Keep up the good work because I'm one happy, satisfied customer.:)

20. Phant0m

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-MENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Harold77!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.