Hurricanesoft Personal Firewall?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by fax, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fax

fax Registered Member

2. Mickey65

Mickey65 Guest

This firewall rocks, it's absolutely free, It's more better then Kerio, I higly recommend this free software

3. 786y7

786y7 Guest

does not "rock" - where are the extended rules?

4. yeah

yeah Guest

I agree with Mickey, it's a good firewall

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Fairly light footprint of only 8MB VM but initial testing was not very good.

Failed all of the tests I tried over at PC Flank and Shields UP at grc. Non-stealthed and many open ports revealed.

These are not critical tests but fairly basic ones which all of my previously installed/used firewalls, LNS & Visnetic, have always passed.

It has virtually no configuration options so together with the above results I will pass on this one.

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yep, it does not rock... :p

Installed it here and started it up. It sat there and hung at the "checking connection" message forever. Tried to open the GUI from the tray menu, but then it just crashed. Repeated above a few times, even tried rebooting.

Oh well... :D

7. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

But it may be useful as an outgoing application filter running alongside the Windows Firewall.

Note: Tried this combination but had a few system freezes and could not reboot, turn off machine unless exited HPF from system tray.

IMHO, a lot more work needed on this one.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  8. fax

fax Registered Member

uuuhm, OK
    Thanks all for the feedback!
    Fax

9. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

This guy posted under a different name on DSLR, and got totally pissed off when I made a honest comment about the website, which lead to the quality of the software without even running it(which turns out to be correct!). I didn't bring it up, but the the 100% clean award should be assumed for any software which needs to make a legit name for itself.... Posting it on the website made it even less creditable.

They are just looking for free advertising, sorry Fax/JackieChan, only negative reviews so far.

Blackcats review was golden :)

10. JackieChan

JackieChan Guest

BlitzenZeus: You are absolutelly right, we're making free advertising, didn't think that we don't want to make profit from it ?

11. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

Then next time just introduce yourself in a professional mannor, provide some information about the product, and ask for reviews/feedback. If its in beta there are various people who would likely assist in beta testing to help remove bugs, along with proivde suggestions to improve the product.

If they know what your real intensions are they will take you more seriously, now all we can see is that you were trying to use various fake names to get publicity for your program instead of being upfront with the people who you would like to use your program.

12. JackieChan

JackieChan Guest

Thanks, you are the man.

13. fax

fax Registered Member

Not sure I follow your Fax/JackieChan discussion. Mine was an honest question since I have seen this 'firewall' announced elsewhere and I was curious to know if it is good or not.

From the feedback I can conclude that is a no go!

So, I am not affiliated to Hurricanesoft nor I am going to try this c***.

Fax

14. Mac455

Mac455 Guest

I think it is good

15. Clweb

Clweb Registered Member

The same her 5 minutes ago. OS : Win2000 SP4

16. Jimi

Jimi Guest

Same here, I think it supports just windows XP

17. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yep, I am on Win2k also guys.. So sounds like a 2k problem for sure...

18. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Since the only person posting in this thread that this product is any good, is the one and same individual simply posting under several different guest names in order to support their position, (which is against our TOS), this thread will be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.