Hupigeon Found

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Rainwalker, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I did a scan today and found Hupigeon. After getting rid of it...i hope...i did another scan and noticed there was a lot of time being spent scanning HKEY/current user/software/microsoft/windows/current version/internet services/zone map/domains. I opened it up and found a huge list of crap sites...none of which i have been to as i do not go to the dark side of the net. What the heck is going on ? Are they there as a result of someone hacking in....possibly Hupigeon ? If so can i delete them and be done with it or are they as a sort of Host protection ?

I am thinking the junk sites are part of my anti-malware protection. Has anyone heard of false positives of late with Hupigeon ?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Rainwalker, the Zone Map\Domains is where your Internet Trusted Sites and Restricted Sites are written to. In my case, Spybot S&D has deposited a ton of bad sites there and yes, they are part of Host protection. I would not delete them. Here's more info and a tool to export the list of sites: Backup Internet Explorer Zonemap domains listing.

3. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Thanks JRViejo

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Rainwalker, you're welcome! Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.