Human interface authentication?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by dallen, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Am I missing something or has the human interface authentication system been changed or removed? I am asking because I can exit out of Process Guard (I mean close the application) without seeing the old screen that asked me to type the characters to verify that a human is actually initiating this action.

2. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Hi dallen :).

If you are talking about exiting the ProcessGuard GUI, then it doesn't need to display a HID as protection is still enabled even when the GUI aspect of ProcessGuard is closed ;).

Regards,
    Jade.

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Dallen for a more complete run down on SMH look at the last post in the tips tricks & FAQs above

Cheers. Pilli

4. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Pilli,
    Thanks for your input...however, I can actually disable PG without HID. Am I missing something here? Actually, I've tried everything to get this HID to pop up. Since I've upgraded to v3, I haven't seen the HID one time despite my efforts. I would just like to see it once to let me know it's there.

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Dallen, If you apply SMH to procguard.exe in the protection list - You need to close it first then add SMH, then restart it you can then teach it to show an HID on any closing item as described in the Tips post.

I have trained it so that pressing the right click disable menu item gives an immediate HID.
    Edited I have added this tip to Tips, Tricks & FAQ's : https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=20348 Post 12

HTH Pilli

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  6. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi Pilli :rolleyes:

Thanks for the explanation re. training PG re. the use of the HID to protect the switching on and off of the Protection feature. But if what if you find having to use the HID to re-enable the Protection feature annoying? Is there anyway to make sure that the HID appears when you attempt to disable Protection but NOT when you want to re-enable it? I suspect not but thought that I would just confirm that.

Best regards

Baldrick :D

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Baldrick, Afraid it will have to work both ways, I personally do not find it annoying as I generally do not disable protection or very rarely and I do not have an HID set on the normal exit so no annoyance there either. :)

HTH Pilli.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.