HTTP Switchboard for Chrome/Chromium:

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by apathy, Nov 25, 2013.

1. luxi

luxi Registered Member

D'oh... I hadn't realized they were font-based icons. Guess it turned out well regardless. :D

EDIT: @gorhill, I noticed from that rev that you don't include more image formats for filtering (.bmp for example, as if anybody still uses that format, but still). Reason for this?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  2. gorhill

gorhill Guest

No reason, I just didn't think about it. Note that this part of the code is to be a fallback mechanism for when a request is not properly typed, normally they are properly typed without going through that part of the code.

3. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Has something changed in wilderssecurity? I can log in here without allowing some XHR stuff. I never needed to allow any of that to be able to post something, to use a reply button to another member's post, to see who have replied to my posts.

Now it seems I need to allow XHR for those. Do you others have noticed it?

Or could something be wrong in my system? I don't know about this stuff, but could something be injecting those XHR things to be needed to be allowed?

4. Pilou42

Pilou42 Registered Member

I see a XHR but it's from wilderssecurity so nothing wrong. But I always trust 1st party.
    + Try with µMatrix if possible (not available on the store yet, but you can beta test and report it in the according thread) since HTTPSB is about to be deprecated.

5. Overdone

Overdone Registered Member

I'm not using uMatrix yet since it's still not in the store... Should I start using it though? Or is it still pretty bugged?

One stupid question:

I've HTTPSB, ublock and disconnect.me extensions. If I go to, for example, reddit.com, Disconnect blocks adzerk. However, adzerk is not allowed in HTTPSB. What's happening?

6. Pilou42

Pilou42 Registered Member

µMatrix is not bugged at all. And there's "adzerk " listed on reddit.com. ;)

The only annoying thing about µMatrix for now is a bubble from Chrome saying you should not used "developer" extensions each time you start Chrome. Personally I find µMatrix stable enough to be uploaded on the store but gorhill wants to polish extension more.

7. gorhill

gorhill Guest

All extensions are allowed to examine net requests, including net requests which are blocked by one of the extension.

8. gorhill

gorhill Guest

I want to address issue #29 first: µMatrix is broken from the point of view of RTL-languages users.

9. tlu

tlu Guest

Beyond gorhill's reply, you may find this discussion helpful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.