HTTP Scanner Woes

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by clever_proxy, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clever_proxy

clever_proxy Registered Member

I have been having problems with the NOD32 HTTP scanner impacting web performance. My laptop isn't the first computer to have a performance decrease with the HTTP scanner in my experience. As you can see, when the scanner is on, my pings are way high and my upload is limited. With it off, my connection operates as normal. Web browsing and other functions are slowed to a crawl. Using speedtest.net has been my only real way of metering it for a support type case.

Here's a speedtest with HTTP scanner on.
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/908821911.png

And here's a test with HTTP scanner off.
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/908821266.png

ESET NOD32 v4.0.474.0
    Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Any ideas?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try installing the latest v. 4.2.58

3. clever_proxy

clever_proxy Registered Member

That seemed to solve the issue. I didn't realize the program did not update automatically. Thanks!

4. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

When it comes to upgrading to a new version of the program, I think the philosophy is that if what you have is working, you really don't need to upgrade. The definitions will continue to update automatically so long as Eset supports the version that you have installed. That could be a very long time. However, if what you have installed isn't working right, then you need to upgrade or, sometimes, go back to an even earlier version. People have posted here about doing that. I like to try new versions, but that's not logical for someone in a corporate environment, where you really need stability. Anyway, I think that is why Eset doesn't push new versions, but the user has to actually download and install them. That's just my opinion, and I don't speak for Eset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.