HTTP Checking - Messes With My Connection - And Yours?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by DasFox, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I'm not so sure about this HTTP Checking they have in v3, it really seems to choke connectivity at times.

I also noticed with the Linksys BEFSX41, running the latest firmware 1.52.15, trying to login to the router is problematic, most of the time not being able to access the firmware, typcially getting conectivity lost errors in the browser.

Well all I can say is I'd like to use HTTP Checking, but it seems more trouble then it's worth, also from time to time I'll drop connections surfing...

Anyway around all of this, or it's best to leave it off?

THANKS

P.S These problems only happen under the Gecko engine, running either Firefox, or K-meleon, not sure why but IE doesn't have any problems with the firmware, but I don't use IE to surf, so I'm not sure if sooner or later it will drop connections too...

2. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

What, not one single person has a problem with HTTP Checking? I can't believe that, if anything I wanted to hear if anyone knows when Eset is going to have a fix for this, or something?

THANKS

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I've never had a problem with HTTP checking, no. But the firmware of your router doesn't really matter, if it was a driver fault it would be your NIC driver's fault. But I doubt it is.

4. Rabbit994

Rabbit994 Registered Member

I've had issue updating Firmware on any linksys router with any other browser then IE6 or 7. This is with or without NOD32.

5. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

What version are you running? The last issues I had with the HTTP filter was back on build 557 and those issues have long since been resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.