HTPC experience enhancement

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by treehouse786, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

hi folks, i have recently built a family HTPC for entertainment, we use the keyboard and mouse from the couch and XMBC is our media portal of choice.

security wise, the HTPC is locked down to the max.

entertainment wise, i would like some input on how i can get most use/fun out of the HTPC (ideas on HTPC specific software, family games etc etc)

we currently only use it to browse the web and stream movies from a NAS plus the odd game of angry birds.

thanks in advance

2. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

What operating system do you use ?
    I run XBMC from Linux-Ubuntu, configured to boot straight into XBMC, for a seamless experience.

I use XBMC pretty much vanilla.
    There is a youtube plugin, which is OK and sometimes does not work.
    If you have an Android phone there is XBMC remote that offers basic control over the network.

Cheers, Nick.

3. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

its on win 7 64bit, XMBC is fully setup just how i like it (apart from slightly choppy 1080p playback which plays fine in VLC). any suggestions on any other software which will increase user experience on a HTPC?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.