HTML/FakeAlert.DV trojan

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by boredog, Jul 27, 2016.

1. boredog

boredog Registered Member

i tried ad aware and it found nothing. have not tried adwcleaner sure I would have to at this point.

2. boredog

I rn adwcleaner and it found some adaware stuff only.

Attached Files:

3. boredog

Marcos

not sure you are still watching this thread but hit by another fake today. this time NOD kicked in and warned me. What I don't understand is why NOD service stopped. I thought that really strange. since last time I reinstalled CCleaner Pro since I have a lifetime lic and so it was set to clear IE cache on closing ( task manager) any thoughts? so if the file in in cache it should be gone. rebooted and doing a NOD scan now anyway.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Boredog, for better attention of ESET's mods you might want to make a post in our official forum at https://forum.eset.com. As for the issue you've reported, do you mean that neither ekrn.exe nor egui.exe is running in the Task manager? In your signature I see that you probably have also other security software installed so it might be any of them that disabled ESET.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.