HP View

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ash432, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ash432

ash432 Guest

How do I get rid of 'HP View'? it keeps popping up in the toolbars :\

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you might try going to program files and opening the HP folder and see if the hp view is there. If it was my computer and the file was there I would delete it. but that will be your choice.

bigc

3. ash432

ash432 Guest

yeh i want it to go

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi ash432,

If this is a toolbar, you might be able to remove it in the Add/Remove Programs. I would check there first to see if it's listed?

Regards,

snap

5. bigc73542

Just make sure that the HP view is the only file you delete ;)

6. bigc73542

HP is pretty good about having a toolbar or pop up to irratate you. I deleted all of them off of my HP.

7. ash432

ash432 Guest

i went into the 'HP' folder and I can't locate it and its not in the ADD/REMOVE !!!
    PLEASE HELP :|

8. bigc73542

it could be coming in through back web you can turn back web off and see if that stops it. If my memory is still intact I remember the comp I had before this one received information from HP over back web. turn it off and see if it stops, you can always turn it back on if you want.

9. ash432

ash432 Guest

ok, how do i turn it off LOL sorry but im new to this stuff :p

10. bigc73542

what operating system are you running

11. ash432

ash432 Guest

windows xp

12. bigc73542

click on start, in run type msconfig. Click ok then click on services then uncheck the box on background inteligent--(see screen shot) the click ok and then click apply and restart when prompted

Attached Files:

13. dog

dog Guest

Hi Curt, ;)

Another way to turn off BITs is to use services.msc (run box) ... a little simpler anyway. ;) It will open the Management Console "Services". But I believe BITs has to be restarted to use the Windows Update page ... then it can be stopped and shutdown again.

Steve

14. bigc73542

this way updates will still work ;) the auto update box is down a bit out of sight

15. ash432

ash432 Guest

:( didnt work lols

16. bigc73542

don't know what to tell you. bring your computer on over to the house and we can fix it right up :D ;) sometimes without having the problem right in front of you it is hard to find a solution without being hands on. Have you tried clicking start and then search and see if it will find it?

bigc

17. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Well, I'm not an HP'er, so take this with a grain of salt, but I did google and see a HJT log listing with
    This should tell you where it is and what to look for. You could go with the nondestructive msconfig approach, do a simple rename of this dll to prevent loading (something that is easily undone if needed like old_hpdtlk02.dll), or nuke the entry using HJT.

Blue

18. bigc73542

the next time the HP view comes up click on it and open it, then choose the option to not show or whatever it is called in the HP view options. I was laying in bed and that poped in my head that this is the way I shut it off in my last computer.

bigc

19. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Don't see the problem myself, I got HijackThis to fix it.

Couldn't have been easier!

Or if you prefer, just disable it by going to Tools/Manage Add-ons.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  20. Scout

Scout Guest

I had a similar problem with my HP Pavilion A450Y. I am not sure what started it but what I noticed was that after installing some HP printers & reconfiguring some other programs my Windows Explorer Address bar was missing. When I tried to get it back it was a pain in the ****. The HP view was what I noticed was there in its place, and so I tried to get rid of it by opposite clicking, and unchecking the HP View option. It worked fine until I re-booted, and then my address bar was gone, and HP View was turned back on again! This happened every time I would reboot. I had to manually get my address bar back each time.
    I tried the above option of renaming the hpdtkl02.dll file to OLD-hpdtlk02.dll and when I rebooted, the computer created a NEW hpdtkl02.dll file!!! I was getting really frustrated.
    What finally worked for me was when I manually got rid of the HP View by opposite clicking the toolbar in Windows Explorer, and unchecking its option. Then I added the address bar back by checking its option, and then I Unchecked the "Lock the Toolbars" option. For some reason when the Toolbars are left unlocked the operating system seems to "remember" my settings, and after I reboot it keeps the HP View off and my address bar on. Good luck with yours. :)

21. Scout

Scout Guest

I can hardly believe it but the above worked for the first reboot but not the second. After the second reboot the HP View had once again reworked my Windows Explorer toolbar. I then was successful at defeating it. I took and made a new folder on the hard drive called:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SAVE-Startup
    Then I copied the file “AutoTBar.exe” out of the folder
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    And put it in the folder
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SAVE-Startup
    Then I renamed the file “AutoTBar.exe” to “OLD_AutoTBar.ex_”
    Then I deleted the original file
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\AutoTBar.exe
    I had to go through this cumbersome copy & delete process as the operating system would not allow me to just move the file from one place to another. I made the copy of the file so if it did not take care of the problem then I could just put it back with no harm done. So far it has “fixed” the problem through several reboots. Good luck with this HP Pain in the ****. :)

22. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

I have found that HP printers designed for network printing have drivers that are not intrusive. Usually if you do a "driver only" install, you will not get the intrusive crap thrown in. You can download the "driver only" software from HP if it is available for your printer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.