HP Photosmart plugin: is this another false positive?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by acr1965, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I read the thread on the wextract false positive (which I also had). But my scanning log shows this as well:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Photosmart Essential\photobackpluginsetup.exe - Win32/TrojanDropper.Agent.NDN trojan

Is that a false positive? There are like eight total files highlighted, including the wextract ones, with the "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Photosmart Essential\photobackpluginsetup.exe - Win32/TrojanDropper.Agent.NDN trojan" file beng the first in the list.

But hey, with all that news about HP and CNet involving the spyware emails I figured this photosmart thing may be legit :eek:

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Do you use the latest signature version 1946 ?
    If not , update .

Perform full scan and if NOD32 still detect something like this (HP is not real malware) , send a copy of it to support@eset.com

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I scanned after latest signature update and it looks all clean now. I am assuming all the priors were false positives. Thanks for the response.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.