HP DX2200 - Acronis won't work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by garykyle, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garykyle

garykyle Registered Member

Hello all,

I'm interested to know if anyone has successfully run Acronsic True Image on a HP Compaq DX2200?

I am trying to back it up using the Acronis boot loader CD. We've never come across a machine Acronis doesn't work with before, but this is the first DX2200 we've had. This thread seems to indicate some USB driver problems, but I'm not sure this is really relevant as I don't have any USB devices plugged in. I am trying to back up to a FireWire external drive.

With the boot CD, I can select the version of Acronis to run (Safe/Full), but after that, it just hangs on the black loading window with the orange Acronis logo in the corner.

I am using the latest build of Acronis Home 9.1.

Many thanks,

Gary

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Remove your FireWire drive and try again. If it boots up then I suspect a Linux driver issue.

F.

3. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

To let it work. Detach the multimedia card readers and boot with linux bootcd.

Alternative is create Bartpe cd with acronis plugin ...... then you can keep the card reader attached.

4. garykyle

garykyle Registered Member

Ha! Well, I disconnected the card reader, and away it goes! Backing up as we speak. Cheers - that's excellent!

Out of curiosity, why do you both mention Linux? I'm running Windoze...

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello garykyle,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that the standalone version of Acronis True Image (Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, full version) uses Linux operating system to operate the computer. You can learn more about Acronis Bootable Rescue Media from the chapter 10 "Creating bootable media" of the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.