HP desktop with recovery partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ramesh19, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramesh19

ramesh19 Registered Member

hello,
    I have an old HP desktop that runs on xp home edition.
    It has 32GB active, pri hard drive and also 4.5 GB recovery partition. Recovery partition doesn't have any letter.

If I am making backup in windows with acronis 10.0 any special things to keep in mind. I have za firewall and in programs menu I configured so it is included in trust zone and access is allowed.( described in ZA forum). I ran backup for 3 hrs and it showed only 28% completed. I discontinued.

Any suggestions?

thank you.

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

You don't say where the backup is being stored.

Why not start the backup and let it run overnight. The time estimate is meaningless. I have known the backup time to take even longer. If backup was to a usb drive, it may be a usb 1.1 port. If connected to internet, why not boot from ATI Rescue CD. This will not provide any more speed but will remove any internet bottlenecks.

I suggest your first backup to include all partitions (including hidden and diagnostic) whereby you check mark the "Disk" option as part of the backup options. Always retain at least one backup which is of the Disk option type.

3. ramesh19

ramesh19 Registered Member

thanks Grover.
    I will run overnight and will run in acronis full version. I am backing up to USB ext HD. This desktop is with usb 1.1 NOT 2.0. I think that is why it is so slow.

I will post if I have any problems.

I was wondering is there anything I need to do, as this is first time I am backing up PC with recovery partition and I have no OS CD for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.