HP cd-writer 9100 series

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by unison, Mar 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unison

unison Registered Member

Ok, suddenly my system has decided not to recognize any longer my HP cd-writer 9100 series. I would need these drivers, please, let's hope that re-installing them will be enough... please, help me? (I run WIN XP, in case you need to know that)

2. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I have a similar drive for reading and writting to CD's and DVD's. All of a sudden, the system did not see disks when I inserted one into the drive. I had it replaced as it was still under warrenty at the time. You may have knocked the reading sensor out of place, or you may have some dust on the sensor.

One suggestion I was recieved was to use these CD drive cleaners. Think you have some kind of CD which you place in your drive, the disk spins and cleans dust from the inside. This may not be the case but you have a very similar drive to mine with very similar problems.

If the product is still under warrenty and you cannot sort the problem playing with drivers and so on, I would sugest contacting the supplyer and they should either fix or replace the drive assuming the product is still under warrenty.

Jimbob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.