How Young Is Too Young to Learn to Code?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lotuseclat79, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

You are never too young for these things. Take it from a guy who learnt to start, operate and run Windows 95 at the age of three (not that I really understood anything but I knew how to start the PC and open some applications). :D

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Age of three? You are 20 now?
    Mrk

4. EncryptedBytes

EncryptedBytes Registered Member

never too young. An old job I once had, I was the general IT guy in a team of 3 for this small company. Besides securing the company's digital assets such as websites, databases. We also provided local server/ equipment support. One day the company had a bring your child to work day and they had games etc on the main floor for them. I get a call because the children are trying to watch a movie though the system the video feed is tied into is malfunctioning. I get down there no more than 4 minutes after the call to hear the problem is fixed. The exact words were, "We don't need IT anymore, so and so's 4 year old fixed the problem." I went to double check and sure enough the kid fixed the issue. If any of you are in IT our jobs could be in danger when these kids grow up .:D

5. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I know people who started coding at 14 - others even earlier. Getting foundations at an early age is great.

I've heard people suggest that fundamentals of coding be taught as early as 1st grade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.