How to whitelist a threat / false positive

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sammyc53, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammyc53

sammyc53 Registered Member

I have a few false positives that I do not want detected anymore. How would I go about excluding this, or whitelisting these the scanners?

Eset 3.0 Business Edition

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The best would be if you compress those files, protect the archive with the password "infected" and submit it to samples[at]eset.com with "False positive" in the subject.

3. sammyc53

Cool, but what if it is actually a threat that should be kept in eSet's signature database, but I don't want to detect it?

Example, many admin recovery tools for password recovery will be in the definitions, as they should be. However, I will need them on my desktop.

Thanks.

4. techtype

techtype Registered Member

Turn off scanning of "Potentially unsafe applications". They fall into this category.

5. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

6. sammyc53

That's a path exclusion, but that will have to do.

In my experience, if a False Positive if every released in the Defs, you won't to be able to individually exclude the whole threat, independent on the path. Otherwise, it will disrupt your whole domain. This should be files as a feature request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.