How to watch tv online?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by accessalternative, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. accessalternative

accessalternative Registered Member

Hi, what's the best way to watch tv online? Is there some special soft to install, and if so which is best? What channels are available worldwide? Which are free?

I'm a complete newb in that matter, so I'd like some advice.

Thanks

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Well, I am no more than newb on that subject but, without getting into all the hardware, high def and all that, if you just want to watch on your standard monitor and just want to try the general experience AND if you have a reasonably high speed connection, check out hulu.com. Beyond that, there are most likely those here who know much better than I.

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i think hulu only works in the us. there's Sopcast that's P2P i think and maybe TVUPlayer, i haven't used either of them and don't know anything about them. you can watch a lot of live stuff on stickam, ustream, live.yahoo, justin.tv etc. i watched a live football match on one of them once lol.
    http://www.stickam.com/
    http://www.ustream.tv/

if you want to know where to stream all the lastest movies, tv shows, sport etc that have been uploaded to video sites you can pm me if you want and i'll give you some links.

EDIT i just realised what i said might not sound right, when i said 'if you want to know where to stream all the lastest movies' i meant watch/download flv, divx etc on a hosted site as opposed to waiting for a torrent to download.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  4. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

5. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I guess it depends on where you're at, accessalternative. Checking your post history, based on the use of "cheers", might one infer you are nearer to the UK than the US? *puppy*

Good luck, in any event.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.