How to use shadow defender automatically

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by COMPYPY, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COMPYPY

COMPYPY Registered Member

Hi I am using shadow defender trial and now going to buy license for me .
    I have two question please help me out.

1...How does i set shadow defender to start SHADOW MODE automatically each time i start my pc as i may forget to start shadow mode manually. ( fenction which wondershare time freeze have)

2... If i dont use av and use shadow defender with some mind will my pc be safe from virus and malware

Thanks for your reply

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I guess your not aware that the original Developer of SD is no longer behind the driver seat and the program is no longer being updated.The current site is believed to be not trust worthy.You may want to rethink your purchase decision.Do some thread searching here on SD and see for your self. Start Here www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=305159

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  3. ichito

ichito Registered Member

First...fix on option "Start with Windows" in "Administration" panel
    nr 1.jpg
    Second - if you want to automaticaly enter Shadow Mode you should choose "Enter Shadow Mode on Boot"
    nr 2.jpg

Yes...but only AV + your mind is...for me...not enough. You should install some firewall with HIPS/bloker/anti-exe (or pure fw + standalone HIPS/bloker/anti-exe)...add e.g. Software Restriction Policies (SRP) + Limited User Account (LUA) and EMET...similar set is on my lap and everything is fine and clean :)
    Non the less many users still use SD and it's for them still the best :) Many opinions and information you can find in this thread
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=293075
    http://wwwn.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=196103
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=230459

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  4. Dark Shadow

yes many are using it from past versions when Tony owned it and in control. It's not his baby any more.If you want to download it now and purchse it and send credit information to mysterious owners and a site that has been reported as fraud,Go for it.I think it's only fair to warn the OP.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  5. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

I still use it and love it but there is no way I would buy it right now from a company with an unknown provenance and an as yet unproven reputation. After all we don't know if Tony is still involved and who you will be providing you personal data to.

If, like me and many others who post here, you are lucky enough to have taken advantage of this lifetime licence prior to the dubiety I think we will be fine for some time to come using this product (or more likely older versions than currently available from the 'official' website). If you are thinking of purchasing now think very carefully.

Cheers

6. Dark Shadow

Exactly.Thank you Chris.

7. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Sorry djohn my post crossed with your and just looks like a re-hash of what you said a little more succinctly than me but I suppose 2 voices are better than one on this partcular topic.

Cheers

8. ichito

ichito Registered Member

@djhon and chris1341
    I never said that the current SD-site is trusted and safe...even more thread pointed by djhon (post #2) was started by me...and at the end - I fully agree with your opinion on the current situation.
    I know - is very risky to buy SD today using this site, but it shouldn't (even more - can not) means that SD is only "designed to be shot".

9. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

ichito, I'm not suggesting otherwise just giving a heads up to a potential purchaser that there are trust issues he has to consider as well as what most of us here know that it is a great little product .

Cheers

10. Dark Shadow

No appology needed.I am glad you voice it.I Hope the OP read them.

11. Dark Shadow

Nope you never said it is trusted just voiced your valued opinion about SD.I couldn't help to get nervous for the OP since he is on a trial and talked about buying SD.I just hate to see good people get hosed.

12. ichito

ichito Registered Member

"Our" OP remains silent...maybe he thought "SD?...foget it"...

13. Dark Shadow

Very silent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.