How to use Boot Media Builder for novice?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ocprgmr, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ocprgmr

ocprgmr Registered Member

I've looked at the "quick guide" and it presumes that the user knows a lot about WAIK and WinPE. For a novice (WinPE) user, a more in depth explanation would be nice.

Source system:
    Win 7 Ultimate 64
    2 internal drives (C: is my boot drive)
    2 external drives (ones I normally use with the source system)
    1 new drive (attached externally at this point via a drive "case" on usb) this will be my target system's c:
    Core 2 Quad with 8 gb memory on "old" HP/Asus motherboard

Target system:
    New internal drive for C:
    will use other internal drive and the 2 external drives from source
    Core i5 with 16 gb memory on new ASRocks motherboard

This is the first time I'm going to try and migrate my system to new hardware. I created the copy of my source boot drive. I know I need to create the WinPE disc and then do Adjust OS. I'm just feeling very clueless about exactly what and WHERE I need to do each of those.

First of all, I have HDMPro 11 on my source system; however I have purchased HDMPro 12 (so I could get BMB) but not yet uninstalled 11 so that I can install 12. Do I need to?

I have WAIK 2.x installed, but have no idea how to use it or if it's the correct version.

So, can anyone provide more step by step instructions. Especially about the "injecting of drivers" and what step gets performed on which system.

Thanks in advance!

2. ocprgmr

ocprgmr Registered Member

Can anyone give me ANY pointers? Especially what gets done on which system and when/where do you inject drivers?

I tried downloading the ParagonPE zip file on one of SWI2's posts, but it seems to be corrupted.

Thanks, in advance!

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Paragonpe has been re uploaded.

It should be fine now, if you want to give it a go.

My paragonpe doesn't need waik - depending on the os you are running, it may d/l a tiny bit of it (only about 130mb ). Or it may not need to d/l anything at all.

Not sure in Paragon's bmb can use waik 2 - it will expect waik3 or higher.

That wiil be a big d/l 1.7gb or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.