How to upgrade Tor relay to latest build?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Stifflersmom, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stifflersmom

Stifflersmom Registered Member

I run a few relays on VPS. How do I update to the latest build 0.2.4.17-rc via the command line in linux? The repositories seem to hold an older version (0.2.3.25).

2. Stifflersmom

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

At the link web page in message #2, press the download button at the top of the web page,
    then press the first link entitled Learn more ... which brings you to the web page: What is the Tor Browser Bundle?. There you can scroll down to the Development Releases for Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux: 32-bit (sig), 32-bit (sig) • 64-bit (sig), 32-bit (sig) • 64-bit (sig) respectively - which are links to both the releases and their respective signatures each for the development releases of (2.4.17-beta-1).

-- Tom

4. Stifflersmom

Appreciate you taking the time to reply, but I was trying to find instructions to update via the command line. The link I posted had instructions. Nonetheless, thanks for replying.

5. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi Stifflersmom,

On the What is the Tor Browser Bundle? webpage in message #3 above, there were instructions for installing the Linux download for (2.4.17-beta-1) which effectively would upgrade the Tor Browser Bundle - but you have to replace the 2.3.25-12-dev with 2.4.17-beta-1 and LANG with en-US in the command line instructions to be able to successfully install it. Installing it will effectively upgrade to that version of Tor Browser Bundle, and you must take care not to do it as root nor run the TBB as root! I would use a user account to do the installation on my Linux system, and run TBB from the user account.

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.