How to update application

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by adza, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adza

adza Registered Member

Hi,

This might be a silly question (and I apologise if it is), but I've been struggling to find out where in EES I can get it to update to the latest version.

(I'm not talking virus signatures, but the application itself. I believe that the latest version is 5.0.2214, yet I'm still running on 5.0.2126).

Is it possible to configure EES (or any of the other Eset products for that matter) to prompt to update the application?

(I have the settings on 'Ask before downloading program update', but I don't recall ever been asked).

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Since newer builds mainly address issues reported by customers, there's no need to upgrade to minor builds unless you experience an issue that they address.
    In order to upgrade Endpoint products, you'll need to download and install newer versions manually or use a mirror to upgrade clients in a network (according to the instructions in the appropriate KB article).

3. adza

adza Registered Member

Thanks Marcos.

Is it safe to assume that the bugs that are corrected are just interface bugs, and unless I see an obvious bug I should be protected on an older version just as well as an updated one. (Older version being app version, not database version)

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.