How to uninstall Sony Vaio remote play for playstation 3?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Does anyone know how to uninstall Sony Vaio remote play for Playstation 3? It is running in the background on its own, and I don't know how to stop it from running. Appguard is blocking it in the background from performing certain actions. I'm using Sony Vaio Laptop model VPCEB46FX (windows 7 x 64)with all the latest service packs. I don't see remote play for Playstation listed under uninstall a program, turn windows features on or off, or in the task scheduler. I don't want the feature since I do not play video games, and I consider it a security hazard. When using msconfig I see the following services below under the service directory that I believe could be responsible for Remote Play for Playstation 3 running in the background. I'm not sure if disabling one or more of these services down could cause problems. I may need to contact Sony in the end, but maybe someone else here has already dealt with this problem.

VAIO Media Plus content importer
    VAIO Media plus digital media server
    VAIO Media plus device searcher
    VAIO Entertainment Common Services

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.