How to uninstall regprotect?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Jocke, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jocke

Jocke Guest

Hey guys!

I´ll ask this here just because I didnt know which forum to use.
    I have just a simple question for you...how do I unstall regprotect. The thing is that I somehow managed to install the program two times, so everytime something happents in the registry I get the same question two times whether I want to keep the registry entry or not.

I didnt find a way to "take back" one installation :p

Thx!

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello that's a nice problem!
    I would go to the program's display and close it, if you can find it two times close it two times.
    In the regprot directory use the uninstall or if that doesn't work use the add/remove, suppose there will be two instances then.
    You can do after that try if the one left is still working correct, or uninstall that second instance too and install one again back.
    This is how it should go.
    If there are problems, before installing one back you might like to check all possible left in the registry, and install as clean as possible.

3. Jocke

Jocke Guest

That sounds logical, if I only had a install/uninstall function in the regprot folder. I was surprised myself of not finding anything similar to uninstall. And in the help it doesnt mention it either.

Am I missing some files then...

Thx Jocke.

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Jocke,

Click Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs
    and see if you can remove it there.

HTH.....

Regards,
    Kent

5. Jocke

Jocke Guest

I had allready tried that. There is no sign of regprotect in the "remove programs/control panel".

hhhmmmm

:doubt:

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In the RegProtection directory was some information too i guess? As long as you first close it before uninstalling it completely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.