how to uninstall online armor TLEM network service

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by wutsup, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

hey wilders,

i was testing out online armor on vista 64 bit and it installed and uninstalled fine the first time.

but not when i install it i dont get the windows security alert about online armor's TLEM network service anymore like the first time.

so now while online armor works fine, the OA helper driver(installed fine the first time though for some reason) is not installed so some features do not work.

so when i uninstall it uninstalls fine, but after rebooting it doesnt turn back on windows firewall automatically like it did the first time i uninstalled online armor. should i be worried? i had to manually enable windows firewall again.

and i noticed it leaves OAmon in device manager when the first time i uninstalled it it uninstalled correctly.

so even after uninstalling online armor i still feel like it didnt uninstall correctly even though i deleted everything related to online armor in the registry and in my computer.

and also how do i go about uninstalling the online armor TLEM network service or did it uninstall with online armor? cause if i were try to install OA free again, the TLEM network service wouldnt pop up so thats why it feels like its still on my computer and i want to get rid of it.

sorry about this long post but can anybdoy help me

thx, wutsup

2. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

wutsup,

It's recommended to reboot twice after uninstalling Online Armor.

And take a look at Online Armor's forum, may be the answers you're looking for are already there.

3. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

yea after i uninstalled it i deleted anything related to online armor and then rebooting into safe mode and did the same. so technically i rebooted 3 times.

the weird thing is that it installed and uninstalled perfectly the first time. but now i can still get it to install and uninstall, but i dont get the windows security alert about TLEM network service driver anymore like when i first installed it. how do i find the TLEM network service driver on my computer? cause i want to make sure its uninstalled even though online armor is uninstalled itself, it still feels like the TLEM network service is still installed cause i dont get the windows security alert anymore when trying to install it and i think thats the problem.

so basically i want to know where i can check to see if TLEM network service driver is installed on my vista 64 bit computer.

and windows firewall didnt automatically come back on by itself and uninstalling online armor free the second or third time. but the first time OA free uninstalled correctly and windows firewall enabled by itself. thats why im worried.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  4. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

wutsup,

I guess when you got a popup about the TLEM service being installed you placed a checkmark at "Always trust software from "Emsi Software GmbH".

tlem.png

If you did that, you'll never get the same popup again if you install OA again.

To check if the service is installed; Device Manager, enable the "show hidden devices" etc. and look for OA services/drivers

5. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

yes sir, thats the exact pop up i got. and no i didnt check to trust emsi software. and already looked in show hidden devices and i cant find anything related to oanet, oamon, oadevice, oacat

6. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

so if i did accidentally trust emsisoft for their TLEM network service, how do i go about untrusting them in vista 64 bit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.