HOW TO : Uninstall Acronis True Image (and avoiding the Windows Logon issue)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Zacchino, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zacchino

Zacchino Registered Member

I bumped into a C++ Runtime error with a demo of Acronis True Image Home lately. I saw alot of posts having these kind of trouble. Re-installing Microsoft Redistributable Visual C++ Runtime Library 2005 or 2008 wouldn't solve anything.

No matter what build you have (I had 2009 build 9646), the best solution is to completely uninstall True Image Home, and re-install the latest version.

Follow the instructions carefully here (advanced users or very patient users only) :
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=773771&postcount=8

For these who can't log on their session anymore after following these steps (happened to me), don't panic ! Don't re-install your copy of Windows (duh!), just download this little utility :

http://killbox.net/downloads/KillBox.exe

Run it (in safe mode for instance), select your C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome folder (or wherever you installed it, check the right path in your X:\Program Files folder)

Don't forget to tick the box "End Explorer Shell While Killing File" and the hit the little White Cross on Red Circle button (Delete File).

Reboot.

This will resolve your windows logon issue.

HTH (it helped me!),
    -Z.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. Zacchino

Zacchino Registered Member

Thanx Dmitry for your reply.

I was actually adding information to that article (see the last steps of my first input).

Hope it'll help others.
    -Z.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.