how to tighten up OA Premium?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ams963, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Hi,

I want to tighten up OA Premium as much as possible. I read a lot about how OA has many configurations and can be tightened up. So now I want to know how to do that.

Please help me tighten up OA so that malware don't get a chance. Guide me.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Best Wishes,
    ams963

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

dont do it! otherwise name the exact restrictions you want to modify!
    OA default action is "deny" or "ask"

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I don't know what restrictions......I mean when I asked about tightening up wsa a couple of months ago or when I ask about tightening up sbie others just give ways of tightening up like in sbie the file access restrictions, etc ......
    I was expecting something similar here.....

4. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

One of the beauties of OA is that its out-of-the-box configuration is already near full strength and it needs little, if any, tightening up. However there are a couple of things you can do if you want...

1. Under "Option" untick "Automatically allow trusted programs to access the internet". You'll now get a prompt for every program that tries to access the internet regardless of whether it is considered "Trusted", i.e. you are over-riding the in-built trusted publishers list and list of other known good software.

2. Under Programs>Options you can select to run safer unknown programs by default, i.e. drop-rights for unknown programs

There's a few other things you can do which will increase the pop-up intensity but it's really not necessary and would probably lower the level of security eventually due to user pop-up fatigue.

HTH

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

thx a lot......well from what Brummelchen and you said.......I guess I better leave OA as it is......thx a lot you guys for showing me the light....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.