How to test Worm Guard? Pls lead me to baddie

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by Access Denied, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I need to find a "baddie" according to WG. I want to see it work, lol. I have gotten all my DCS programs to "flag" a known baddie. WG is my latest and would love to see it work. The test button is well, obviously saying I am protected. Kinda like seeing the RED in NOD32 for the first time. Anyone have a link? Thanks alot for your time in this matter. Eliot

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi Eliot :)

Take a look at this link,

http://forum.gladiator-antivirus.com/index.php?s=8126cbe819841a7b505c9f9c93cfa1f3&showtopic=4920

snowbound

3. Access Denied

Thanks snowbound. I am not getting any alerts with either test.vbs or test.vbs.txt from WG. I hope that I am just doing something wrong. I have read the post several times and I am pretty sure I am following the instructions correctly. o_O

:rolleyes: 'doh I got it. Thanks again snowbound. Have a karma cookie :D

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Had a nice couple of files i can not give but the one is a word document with macros and the other an excel document ful with macros and filters and some text parts like "person got badly infected with a virus" and such so all reasons to beep! Oh and all are multi extensions so for that it is warnign already in the first place.

5. Access Denied

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

So you can try to create some nice things if you like. A copy of the excel doc where macros and more things seem to be removed does not get any beep at all, isn't that a pity?
    when you have such a doc at least WG enables you to look in the safe mode in the source so you know what it is and what it is beeping for!

7. Access Denied

That is really cool. I had a friend that was infected with an older worm and he had NOD32 updated. I just figured I would add another layer of defense on here in light of that. I got to see the alert. Thanks alot *puppy*

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I do believe in layered protection :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.