How to stop progress db update errors

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by RobJanssen, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobJanssen

RobJanssen Registered Member

We get the following errors in our log of the RA server:

[2011-07-22 10:36:00.042] V2 [4e1f3c940000] [000005b0] <RINSTALL_ERROR> Failed agent ('24589A27-2B28-4EF9-9525-430F5E7548CE') progress db update

[2011-07-22 12:36:00.047] V2 [4e1f3c940000] [000008b4] <RINSTALL_ERROR> Failed agent ('C0C5AB75-20D2-4979-B4FD-80E93E747DDA') progress db update

This repeats every two hours. Once a day I get a mail with these errors (as I have configured that).

I think the errors are the result of a mistake I made in the early rollout testing.
    On two workstations, the installation started from a logon script did not complete because the workstation was shutdown while the install was running.
    When trying the install again, it refused to work because of the "repeated install prevention" feature (which unfortunately keeps state on the server).
    So I deleted the "Automatic agent request" task in the install tasks tab, but that was not the correct thing to do (I should have deleted the workstation subtasks listed under that task, as explained in the manual).
    From then on, those errors are logged every two hours.

I have installed the package on those two workstations. On one by manual installation, on the other with a Push installation. But the errors continue to be logged.
    How do I get this cleaned up?

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

You might try opening services.msc and giving the "ESET Remote Administrator server" service a good old fashioned restart (make sure you close the console first). However, if you've rebooted the server, that won't affect the situation.

Do you have any other install tasks in the remote install tab that have clients who's install is still pending?

Thanks,

Matt

3. RobJanssen

I have now stopped and started the server, will have to wait a couple of hours to see if that has resolved it.
    One of the things it logged at startup is that the table RemoteInstall has 4 rows, which seems correct as there are now 4 installation subtasks listed under the Automatic agent request task in the install tasks tab.
    (these are completed, there is no install task still pending but it looks like the server still thinks there are)

Lets wait some time to see if the messages come back.

4. RobJanssen

It looks like the restart has fixed it, the log messages no longer appear.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.