how to silence AMON?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by FiSz, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FiSz

FiSz Registered Member

hi im working in a corporation (about 150 workstations) can you tell me how to set amon...because "my" users aren't too bright...
    i can see there 3 options
    1) prohibit acces and prompt for action
    2) prohibit acces
    3) clean automatically

clean automatically - if virus occures and it can't be cleaned nod32 prompts for action, this is not what i want :D
    prohibit acces - if virus occures nod just doesnt allow virus to do its job, but the threat stays on users machine..., and this is also not what i want

can you tell me how to solve this problem... leave it on disk until weekly scan? or educate users what to do when nod prompts for action...

gteetz from Poland

p.s.
    10 days to world cup... last game of polish team in Poland...

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi FiSz, welcome to Wilders.

Are you sure it is AMON that produces the prompts when set to "Clean Automatically", it sounds more like IMON to me.

I would also suggest a run through THIS THREAD its settings are design for least amount of user interaction with maximum automation while being erring on the side of safety.

Cheers :D

3. FiSz

FiSz Registered Member

thanks for reply... i think its amon, i havent seen this prompt it happened on two workstations..... this is my config ... configuration of imon is quite clear "if cant be cleared then delete it and put copy in quarantine"...

AMON and IMON config

p.s. " you are new to Nod32 or a novice with a computer, you may want to have Nod32 “Clean automatically”, however, should AMON find a “False Positive” it will delete the file even if it proves to be non-viral at a later date. Though this remains a possibility, it is unlikely for the average user."

so when amon is set to clean automaticly it deletes the file if it cant be cleared... hmm thats weird...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  4. eduardopiza

eduardopiza Registered Member

I have the exact same question as FiSz.
    Please tell me how to silence NOD 'cos I keep hearing complaints from my users.

Cheers.

5. Blackspear

What about your settings for EMON and DMON?

6. FiSz

FiSz Registered Member

DMON and EMON
    if everything is as it should be ill wait untill next alert and then ill look closer what is going on...

7. Blackspear

I'm not an expert on RA, but it seems all set right, I'd wait to see what Marcos or one of our resident network support engineers has to say, because NOD32 can be set to silent so no user interaction is required.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.