HOW TO SETUP E-MAIL SCANNER TO SCAN HOT MAIL

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by CLEARICE01, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLEARICE01

CLEARICE01 Guest

hi iam new to nod32 and this forum can enyone tell me how to setup e-mail scanning for hotmail.rite now it is set to scan port 110.but in dont see eny thing beeing scanned in imon.the imon statuse.scaned.infected.cleaned stays at 0.with no movement at all.eny help would be appreciated............. :eek:

2. CLEARICE01

CLEARICE01 Registered Member

hi iam new to nod32 and this forum can enyone tell me how to setup e-mail scanning for hotmail.rite now it is set to scan port 110.but in dont see eny thing beeing scanned in imon.the imon statuse.scaned.infected.cleaned stays at 0.with no movement at all.eny help would be appreciated............. :eek:
    my version and build arev2.0006.4227.and also why doesnt it update to 2.000.7 or 2.000.8.even after uninstalling and reinstalling..........

3. nameless

nameless Registered Member

One option that will achieve what you want, and might make Hotmail itself easier for you: Get Hotmail Popper, and check your Hotmail account(s) just like your other email account(s).

4. CLEARICE01

thanks for the reply.i will checkout the hotmailpopper.... :rolleyes:

5. nameless

Ugh--I didn't realize that he had made Hotmail Popper shareware. I have been using version 2.1.1, and that version is freeware. The new version, 3.0, is $17.50 shareware. Sorry.

You may be able to find Hotmail Popper 2.1.1 for download somewhere. If not, I have a copy (yeah, I know, "accept an EXE from someone I don't know?")

6. CLEARICE01

thanks but i already have 2.1.1.thanks enyways for the offer...........

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

IMON, Nod32's email scanner will NOT scan Webmail such as Hotmail, even if brought in through an email client like Outlook Express, however, Hotmail is already scanned by McAfee (although I don't trust this, I was infected quite a few years ago through Hotmail, when McAfee said a file was clean, and my then AV also did not pick it up after downloading the file), should a infected file be downloaded, or brought in through an email client, then AMON, Nod32's redident scanner will protect your system.

Cheers :D

8. nameless

Why would IMON not work with Hotmail Popper? Hotmail Popper becomes a local POP server, and the Hotmail Popper-to-email client communication does use Winsock, which is where IMON resides. (I'd test, but I no longer use NOD32.)

9. CLEARICE01

hi blackspear.thanks for the reply.i have email popper but have not installed and setup yet i will get back to you and let you know.thanks :p

10. CLEARICE01

hi nameless.if you dont mind.why dont you use nod32 enymore......... :rolleyes:

11. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Tested and verified here: IMON works with HMP/Outlook.
    ;)

12. nameless

Thank you, JimIT. I hadn't tested myself, but figured it had to work.

13. nameless

Mainly because it crashed my system. Crashes are one thing I generally have zero tolerance for.

I know people will balk at this, but NOD32 also caused performance issues for me. Namely, it caused really brief--but really annoying--mini freezes whenever I ran a runtime-packed file.

14. Blackspear

Hi Nameless, missed the popper part, only know if setup through Outlook Express in the standard fassion it does not work, as has been discussed many a time from the beta version onwards... I raised the question myself over a year ago...

Good to see there is a addon available to bring it through a pop3 account, I'll try it on my system tonight.

It's a pity Eset weren't able to resolve your situation.

All the best.

15. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Other protocols like HTTP, FTP, IMAP are planed to be added, so IMON will scan hotmail accounts in Outlook and Outlook express in the future.

16. CLEARICE01

hi jimIT.thanks

17. CLEARICE01

hi nameless.sorry to here that.i know how you fell.i was using avg.7.0 pro and it would make the light on my floppy drive stay on for upto a hour.it go to be to much and it had to go..........

18. CLEARICE01

hi sir_carew.thanks that something to look forward to...

19. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We are already testing a newer version that scans HTTP traffic. It is likely that it will be incorporated to the following prog. comp. update, but it will take some time until it's released.

20. CLEARICE01

hi marcos.thats good to hear.but still the question.of why i have not gotten a update from 2.000.6.to 000.7.or 000.8.i have uninstalled and reinstalled but still i have 2.000.6.eny help on this matter would be appreciated.................. o_O

21. Blackspear

When you uninstalled, did you delete the ESET folder found in C:\Program Files?

If not, remove through Control Panel\Add and Remove Programs, then delete the Eset folder, then reinstall using a fresh download from the www.nod32.com

Hope this helps...

22. CLEARICE01

thanks blackspear that hit the spot........

23. Blackspear

Good to see :D

Have fun tweeking Nod...

24. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The reason why your NOD32 didn't update automatically to v. 2.000.8/9 was that you must have the option to update program components disabled, or you chose No when NOD32 prompted you to update progr. comp. or not. Version 2.000.7 was skipped because it was an update for the Italian version only.

25. CLEARICE01

hi marcos.thanks for the reply.i just found and changed the update program components it was set to notify.now i have it set to upgrade if avalable.thanks for the help.and if this is not set rite please let me know thanks again...............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.