How to set optimum settings in ZA Pro?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Escalader, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Stem:

The short answer to is task scheduler active on my system is yes.:cool:
    I use this service for SS scheduled scans etc.

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hello Escalader,
    From this info, I would be more inclined to think that winlogon.exe was making these outbound, at first through zlclient.
    Winlogon.exe, being a system app (with high trust in ZA) would possibly of been set with "This program may use other programs to access the internet" (or set by the user at some point) This option being at:- Program control~ Programs ~ right click "windows NT logon"~ Options.

I would need to find time to check the installation of BD to see if this is correct. (to check if BD is injecting/loading a dll into winlogon and/or other apps)

3. Escalader

Hi Stem.

I have not seen these romanian outbounds since ZA Pro was removed.

BD is still working away on my PC, but if it is injecting dll to try to call home why don't I see the blocked attempts in CFW? All I see there this AM is FF being blocked from certain ip outbound attempts and not one is the BD gathering site.

4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Has there been any update to this issue? Also, does the unsolicited outbound connections occur in ZA Pro only or in all versions of ZA, including their free firewall?

Finally, I believe there was a comment about turning off automatic updates alone would not stop ZA from making outbound connections. But there needed to be a manual update to stop ZA from automatically phoning home. Is there any information about what all ZA retrieves from your computer when a manual update is performed?

Thanks.

5. Escalader

Hi acr1965, As before let me comment in red in context with your post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.