How to script pointing clients to RA server? (manually push a CFG.XML file)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by qadams, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qadams

qadams Registered Member

Folks,
    We are trying to point all our clients to our RA server, and for various network and client-service related issues we cannot get them discovered and pushed out by RA.

So, I would like to push out a new configuration (CFG.XML) only to our clients through a logon script.
    Does anybody know how I can just update the config this way, rather than re-installing the package completely?

(I have also tried to just point the RACLIENT registry key, but this is locked by ESET and cannot be changed manually)

Many thanks,
    Qaiser Adams

2. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

There isn't a way, reinstall is your only option (Other than hiring an intern with a USB stick ;) ).

3. DBatenburg

DBatenburg Registered Member

Keep in mind you can use the option to make an MSI file with configuration.

From the manual:
    Version 4.x: Download the installation file (e.g., ess_nt32_enu.msi) from eset.com and create your own installation
    package in the Installation Packages Editor. Edit/Select the configuration that you want to associate with this
    package, press the Copy... button next to the Package for Windows NT xx bit systems field and save the package
    as ESET Install Msi File With Configuration (*.msi).

Then use a loginscript to have the MSI installed with new settings over the old one from a share.

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

I was going to suggest the same. But the OP doesn't want to reinstall, and I think the cfg.xml only gets applied during an install/reinstall. I don't think you can push out a config on its own.

jim

5. enotsIT

enotsIT Registered Member

If you save the file as an .exe instead of a .msi does it save the configuration file with it?

6. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

The self-defense feature is going to stop you from directly modifying the registry keys where you specify the target RA server, so doing it through a patch is out. I would strongly recommend pushing out the installer again with a cfg.xml that you know is working correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.