How to schedule Nod32 update on Wi-fi config ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Hagrid, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hagrid

Hagrid Registered Member

Hello,

I have a laptop (win 2000) with Nod32, and a pcmcia card for wifi.
    The problem is :
    WHen the laptop boot and when nod32 start, the pcmcia card are not mount and Nod32 do not find any network connexion.
    The pcmcia drivers (for this network card) start at then end.

The result is that nod32 do not update on startup !
    i have change config (update as soon as possible ...) but nothing work.

The update work 1 hour later.
    This is good but before 1 hour, the user are not with the last update ...

Have you an idee ?
    Is it possible to update on online command with schedule windows task ?

Hagrid.

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Try going to Update --> Setup --> Advanced --> Internet connection --> Dial-up.

3. Hagrid

Hagrid Registered Member

I have try Dialup but same result.
    The update on statup dosn't work.

(perhaps, network conexion via pcmcia is not equal dialup).

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    If you mostly use your laptop on wireless, change the provider order. (Network properties) I have 3x laptops, and I've done absolutely nothing different to NOD32 than my wired servers/workstations...it still updates upon the desktop filling in after login.

5. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Me too.

6. Hagrid

Hagrid Registered Member

Thank's for you answer, but this is a wifi access from my home.
    I don't change from provider to anther one ..

The probleme is like the "update when this is possible" don't work !

If i select "update when this is possible", is nod32 retrying each minutes or with a laps time ?

7. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    You're misunderstanding provider...or maybe I should have said bindings and order.

I'm not talking about ISP choices, I'm talking about which network card, if a computer has more than 1, your operating system will wrap it's arms around first...when booting up. Meaning network services and protocols.

Right Click "My Network Places", select "Properties". Now that you're looking at your network connections....you'll see your LAN and your WLAN adapters in there. Up top in the drop down menus....click on "Advanced", then select "Advanced Settings" from the drop down. You'll see where you can adjust the order for your connections, bindings, and providers. Try bumping your wireless NIC up to the top of the list for connections.

All I know is, on all the laptops I've setup, which run wireless, I've done nothing different for them regarding updates, they still are set to use the LAN just like any wired workstation. And you'll see that update bubble immediately after logging in. Perhaps your particular wireless network card is slow in loading....and NOD has already started its services, tried, and given up...because the wireless NIC has not started up yet. The reason the wireless NIC is so slow? I don't know, could take hours of sitting in front of your machine to figure out. So bumping it up to the top of the list might help in your case.

8. Hagrid

Hagrid Registered Member

Hello,

Thank you.

>"Right Click "My Network Places", select "Properties". Now that you're looking >at your network connections....you'll see your LAN and your WLAN adapters >n there. Up top in the drop down menus....click on "Advanced", then select >"Advanced Settings" from the drop down. You'll see where you can adjust >the order for your connections, bindings, and providers. Try bumping your >wireless NIC up to the top of the list for connections."

I will try this.

>"Perhaps your particular wireless network card is slow in loading....and NOD >has already started its services, tried, and given up...because the wireless >NIC has not started up yet. "

I think that this is the problem !

Thank's for your help.
    I will try what your suggest

Best.
    Hagrid

9. Hagrid

Hagrid Registered Member

Hello,

I have try to change order but no result :-(

Do you know if exist a command line to force nod32 to update is database ?

(somethink like nod32.exe /update_database ) ??

Because if i can do this update by the standard way, i can perhaps start à windows schedule task with the command.

Best.
    Hagrid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.