how to schedule a scan on ewido

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Linda Morgan, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda Morgan

Linda Morgan Registered Member

i have installed ewido and tried to make a new profile and schedule it and now it wont even let me delete the profile to start over nor will it allow me to schedule it.....Please help.................o_O

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello Linda....Welcome to Wilders,

When you select Scanner(1) from the top menu and then the Scan tab(2)....if you highlight that particular profile you want to delete by clicking on it....do you not have the Remove Profile(3) selection at the bottom :doubt:

This may not be the problem but you are aware that you have to select at least one of the items to the right(4) before that profile will be able to schedule a scan :doubt:

Attached Files:

3. CapWx

CapWx Registered Member

Bubba

I'm having somewhat a similar issue; even though I have scheduled Ewido to run scans daily, it won't run scans. This has not been the case; it used to run scans daily. It stopped about 10 days ago. If I launch a scan manually, it works fine, otherwiseo_O See attached screenshots. I think everything is configured properly.

I'm running a Home Built box, AMD Athalon 64 3500+, WinXP Pro SP2 and all the fixins, 2GB ram. Spywareblaster, Adware, Spybot Search & Destroy, Windows Defender.
    Any ideas?

TIA
    CapWx

Attached Files:

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello CapWx,

Would you mind showing a pic of the Scheduler tab info Please.

Also....if you haven't already checked....make sure Windows Task Scheduler is started and set to Automatically.

Bubba

5. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

Please remove the old profile and/or create a NEW scan profile in the Custom Scan mode, add items to this profile that have to be scanned like Files, Folders etc. and then press the Button 'Schedule this profile'. Now edit the time settings for this profile. Enable also here the option 'If scheduled time was missed...'.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That's why I asked for the pic to be posted to see if certain items were wrongly checked contributing to the problem :blink:

7. CapWx

CapWx Registered Member

Bubba et al

Here is the pix requested. The issue is the program was running scans daily as requested, then about a week / 10 days ago stopped. Nothing was changed, so I was at a loss. The one thing I have yet to do is delete the profile and re build it.

And yes, the Windows Task Scheduler service is running and set to auto.

Thanks for the responses.

CapWx

Attached Files:

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Perhaps karl's quick fix suggestion will provide a positive result and thanks for posting the pic. I was able to see when the last time the scheduled scan was executed or if indeed it executed and which selections might have been selected. However....according to your pic it never successfully recorded a scheduled scan time nor how many times it successfully executed from when it supposedly ran a "week / 10 days ago" :doubt:

9. CapWx

CapWx Registered Member

Bubba et al

Yes, the fact that the "last time executed" became never was a part of my quandry. Anyway, I did delete the profile and create a new one. It ran as scheduled, so I'll monitor and see what happens.

Thanks to all for the responses! Much appreciated.

CapWx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.