How to restore dual boot manager

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Kamru Miah, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Kamru Miah

Kamru Miah Registered Member

I am new to this forum and would like to know if the esteemed members can help me restore my dual boot manager.

Here is the backgrounds: I have used Paragon Partition Manager to make my laptop boot up from WinXP or Win7 Ultimate. When I was cleaning my laptop from old software, unfortunately I have deleted the dual Boot Manager from Paragon Partition Manager menu entry. I can no longer boot up from my laptop. Please can you advise how I can restore the boot manager (so I can get a choice to boot up from WinXP or Win7) so I can access my PC?

I have already tried using the Rescue Kit 14, which reported succeeded correcting the boot sector, I was still unable to boot from the PC upon restart. I have two logical partitions on the same physical hard disk, one with XP (D:\) and the other with W7 (E:\) and the dual boot manager used to allow me to select which one to boot from. Now I am unable to boot up at all.

Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks in anticipation!

2. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Download SuperGrub2. Boot the disk and login to your Windows 7 OS. Use EasyBCD to fix the Boot Manager. You can also create a System Repair Disk on another Windows 7 computer and use that to do a Startup Repair. It may take up to 3 attempts before the repair is successful.

EasyBCD is free for non-commercial personal use.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.