how to restore an Acronis True Image onto another server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Vishal Patel, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vishal Patel

Vishal Patel Registered Member

Hi,

I have created a Acronis True Image Backup with the tib extension.
    The program that I have used is Acronis True Image Enterprise Server with Acronis Universal Restore® version 9.1.

How do i go to another server and restore with? Its says that you can restore
    this to another hardware.

Do i need to install the o/s on this other server??

Thanks

2. Kallex

Kallex Registered Member

No (of course not :). Although you can also run restore from the O/S with Acronis Installed, then it will reboot and restore the image to the same system.

For bare-metal restore you need to create bootable rescue media on the environment where you installed the Acronis (it is a menu option).

Then when booting with this media and having your backup image available (either through network, USB drive or internal hard drive), you can do a bare-metal restore.

As you mention having the universal restore feature, it allows you to restore to different hardware. Allowing you to define any additional drivers, that the image does not include and are required for boot (for example special i/o drivers).

Universal restore works very well also on restoring to Virtual Machine (be it VMWare or Microsoft technology).

Br,

Kalle

3. Vishal Patel

Vishal Patel Registered Member

Hi,

I have already created a bootable rescue media. Its an ISO file - do i need to burn it onto a CD?

And than do i need to go to this 'new' pc and boot with it?

Thanks.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Vishal Patel,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

You are correct that you need to burn Acronis Bootable Rescue Media ISO image on CD (or DVD), and then boot the target computer with it. Please follow this link to get more information about how to write ISO CD image files on CDs.

To restore an image to a different hardware Acronis Bootable Rescue Media needs to include Acronis Universal Restore component. Please refer to the chapter 10 “Creating bootable media” of the respective User's Guide for details.
    Please refer to the chapter 7.3.11 “Using Acronis Universal Restore” for a detailed guide on how to use Acronis Universal Restore.

Please be aware that according to Acronis Licensing Policy you should purchase a copy of Acronis Product per every computer it will be used at.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.