How to Request DHCP from Server

Discussion in 'Colasoft Free Network Tools' started by underwater, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. underwater

underwater Registered Member

Dear All,

I am having trouble with my DHCP server which doesn't seem to be handing out any IP Configuarion Information.

I thought to try to monitor the communication while I use the Packet Builder to simulate the communication. In particular, I would like to send out a DHCP DISCOVER packet and see if the DHCP Server sends out a DHCP OFFER.

If that works, then I need to send out the DHCP REQUEST, and wait for the DHCP ACK. Can anyone advise me how these packets should be formed maybe by posting a sample?

2. underwater

underwater Registered Member

Just wondering if anyone can help ? I am quite at a loss as to other how to troubleshoot why our DHCP isn't answering : - ( Grateful for any suggestions

3. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Hi, Underwater,

I'm sorry that your DHCP server doesn't work.

To build DHCP packets, you should first learn about the DHCP protocol.There are some RFC documents that may be of any help: DHCP RFCs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.