How to remove SSM alert

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dmenace, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

I am getting an alert every couple of minutes from SSM pro that the license is limited by usage period an will expire in x days.

How do I get rid of this frequent alert? I am using SSM 2.3.0.612 and have already unchecked the Options > Reminder > Show Reminders box.

Thanks in advance. :-*

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Hmmm. What you did SHOULD have stopped the alerts.

For Options > Reminder Did you also uncheck "New version available" block? Did you click "Apply options" button in bottom right corner?

For Options > Updates Did you uncheck all blocks on Updates menu. Did you click "Apply options" button in bottom right corner?

3. Get

Get Guest

Reminder-> Show every (sec) : 99999 doesn't remove it, but makes it bearable.

4. dmenace

Well unchecking the show reminders box doesn't work. Setting it to 99999 secs i.e. 27 hrs 46 mins 39 secs, appears to work though you still get an alert on startup.

I just thought there might be a registry setting or something I could change.

Thanks for your help

5. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello.

The "x" days being 10? You could (as an alternative solution ;) ) uninstall that giveawayoftheday version and install the latest 2.4 beta version. It is very good and stable and it will work for 30 days. And after that, well, you might want to consider using some other HIPS, as the rumor has it that SSM is likely to be abandoned. Which is a real pity... :doubt:

Cheers. :)

6. bellgamin

The real pity is -- unsupported rumors. ;)

Visit SSM forum. Vitali is busy working on the next version.

7. dmenace

Yes I admit that I am using the giveawayoftheday version.

However I believe that SSM will resume working normally after the subscription expires and I just wont be able to update it to a newer version if it is released.

I cannot understand why, in the whole 6 months giveawayoftheday license, not a single update has been released? o_O

If the version 2.4 beta is stable as you claim why is it still a beta after all this time and has not been released as a final version. :doubt:

I understand that HIPS do not rely on updates and that is why I intend to continue using it despite an expired subscription, if I were to buy the product, I buy a 12 month subscription and would expect more updates.

It is this lack of updates which discourages me from buying SSM...
    Will the beta work with the gaotd license?

Thanks bellgamin, get and the seer.

8. Get

Get Guest

Shame on you! :p

No. Only 612 works with the gaotd license. Upgrades wouldn't have worked with the license unless there was a major bug fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2007
  9. bellgamin

For Win XP, SSM 2.4.0.618 beta is as "version" as "version" can get. Rock-steady.

The ONLY reason 618 isn't anointed with the "version" title is because -- even though it runs full-scope on XP -- it doesn't yet run full-scope on Vista.

Check SSM forum HERE AND HERE

10. Get

Get Guest

You can use it for as long as you want oh and yes before I forget we also have a great nagscreen as an extra for as long as you use it! Hope you enjoy it .

amazssm.JPG

Not really :doubt: .

11. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Fingers crossed - with a bit of luck the nag reminder may end when we get to -10 days. :shifty:

Then again, who knows. :doubt:

12. Get

Get Guest

Well I'm not waiting to find out and went back to ssm-free which is fine too. Don't like this kind of pushing me into buying something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.