How to remove nonexistent files in quarantine?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by once, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. once

once Registered Member

Hi!
    How to remove a lot of nonexistent files in quarantine? They have strange dates like years 2234, 25276, 23045, etc., and strange sizes, like 17-18digits numbers:eek: , no names...
    They cannot be deleted with standard deleting in quarantine.
    Uninstalling Nod32, deleting all folders in applicationdata and cleaning registry didn't help:'(
    After new install all of them returns... even before any scanning, just first look into quarantine... even with canceling of 'load quarantine' operation...

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What about selecting the files in the Quarantine pane and hitting Del?

3. once

once Registered Member

Sure, I've tried this, as I reported
    I receive error message, smth like "failed to move file(s) from quarantine"

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I haven't run into such a problem yet, but deleting the content of the following folders should help:
    "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%Local Settings\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Quarantine"
    "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Quarantine"

On Vista / Windows 7, find those folders in the "Users" folder instead of "Documents and Settings".

5. once

once Registered Member

I used Windows XP search on "eset" and "nod32", including hidden and system files, and delete them all, also everything with 3 registry cleaner programs... same thing:(

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello once,

You might want to list any other security programs you run or have run in the past.

Is this a trial version you are using? Where did you download the program?

Any other information you can provide will helpful to those that can help you.

7. once

once Registered Member

I have only Outpost firewall of this type, only nod32 3.x - before(and same problem existed)...
    It's same with trial (immediately after install, first request to quarantine), and with registered.
    There are NO quarantine file at all. (I didn't encounter any virus after last install) on PC.
    I downloaded from eset site and different, 4.3x,4.67,4.68...
    What may be most important - it is Russian language WinXP and Nod...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.