How to remove DEP exceptions?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by TairikuOkami, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I have a little problem, I can not remove DEP exceptions. I tried to use the other setting and after restart I switched it back, but exceptions are still there.
    I installed Vista SP1 from iso image, downloaded from p2p, but its MD5 was the same as the one posted by technet subscriber, so it should be legitimate.

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

The remove option doesn't work? :doubt:

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Well, it will remove it, but when I close all windows (OK or Apply) and reopen it, it is still there.
    I tried to uncheck it, but it does not work either. Those exe files do not even exist anymore.

EDIT: Fixed, I followed an advise and removed it via registry, though the problem remains, so i wonder, what is wrong.
    Registry path - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I had this same problem. IIRC- I think I had to uncheck everything. Then had to only check what I wanted removed. Click remove. Then had to do that twice for some reason, then reboot. On reboot the exception was removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.