How to recover re-write discs?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Havelock, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Havelock

Havelock Registered Member

Can anyone advise if it's possible to delete Acronis files on re-write discs? I've tried changing them from read only but that doesn't work.

2. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

I reformat the disks using Nero but probably there are many alternatives.

3. Clearline

Clearline Registered Member

Any program that erases RWs will do the trick (nero, deepburner, imgburn, dvd decrypter).

On USBs, once I create the boot system, for TI, Recovery or Disk Director, I make a subfolder for the programs and move all the files there. That still leaves the invisible boot loader intact. The programs use (or can use) the same boot loader; so when I need to use it as a bootable on a system, I just copy the files from the program back to the root dir; allowing me to keep all 3 programs on a single card.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Havelock,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that the current version of Acronis True Image does not allow deleting backup archives stored on re-writable DVD discs. Acronis True Image allows you to erase the re-writable DVD disc if there is not enough space on this disc to place the backup archive. You can also use any third-part DVD writing (like, Nero) software to erase the DVD disc.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.