how to push out new cfg.xml settings to NON LAN computers

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ursrau, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ursrau

ursrau Registered Member

We have many hundreds of nod32 v4.2.x clients that are not on a LAN but on which we have an installation service running that can do msiexec or bat files with admin rights. (we use wpkg for that from wpkg.org).

How can I best update the current settings of already installed and running nod32 v4.2.x clients? There are a few settings we want to imporve on, but most important, is to push out the details of the new smtp email alerts & notifiactions smtp server settings, as the current smtp server has gone away.

Both upgrading using misexec using the ADMINCFG="<local-path>\cfg.xml" and simply an misexec update with the relevant cfg.xml file in the same directory as the msi fil does not chnage or upgrade the currenlty running settings.

How is this best done? Can I simply force a "regedit /s my-nod32-settings.reg" onto the clients as a system or adminstrative user ?(which? system service? or adminstrative rights?) or are the nod32 registry keys protected from being changed by anything but nod32 itself when it loads the config from a cfg.xml file?

Thanks for any help or pointers?

2. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

The registry settings for the ESET antivirus client are protected, so you will not be able to modify them, while the ESET Self-defense module is running.

Disabling the self-defense module requires interaction with the GUI, and a restart of the OS.

To change the configuration of the ESET antivirus client, after it is installed, you can setup ESET RA to be accessed remotely, so that the ESET antivirus clients can be managed remotely, which will require exposing ports on the WAN interface, or you can uninstall the current antivirus client, restart the computer, and then re-install the antivirus client with the preconfigured XML file, "cfg.xml".

You can use ESET RA Configuration Editor to create an XML file with the preconfiured settings that you would like.

Be sure to name the XML file, "cfg.xml", and place it in the same directory/folder, as the msi file; the MSI installer will automatically detect the "cfg.xml" file.

For example:

msiexec /i "C:\eavbe_nt32_enu.msi" /qn REBOOT="ReallySuppress"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.