How to properly setup Backup server management

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cfreiling, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfreiling

cfreiling Registered Member

I've trying to use the Backup Server Management and I can not setup Admin profiles, user profiles or configure backup locations due to the fact that I am told I do not have enough permissions to manage ABS, and then told to add user profile with admin rights in the Acronis Backup Server. How is this done, is it talking about the AcronisBackupServerUsers? If so I have added the necessary profiles and groups there. What am I missing?

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cfreiling,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to update all installed components as they need to be the same build in order to interact properly.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, could you please perform the full reinstallation of Acronis Backup Server the following way:

- Remove the component from "Add and Remove Programs";
    - Delete user group AcronisBackupServerUsers;
    - Delete the \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupServer folder;
    - Remove the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Acronis->Fomatik->Plugins->BackupServer registry key."
    - Install the Acronis Backup Server again under Administrator account.

Please add Administrator account to AcronisBackupServerUsers at Control Panel -> Adminitrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. cfreiling

Thanks, I will try what you have suggested and let you know.

-[Update]-
    Thanks, The method above worked. However, when I do a backup to the bsp location is it posible to do a full backup and not an incremental?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  4. Acronis Support

Hello cfreiling,

Please notice that, as described in paragraph 3.5.2 "Quotas and time limits for computers and users" of the respective User's Guide:
    So, if you want to always create full backups, set the "maximum number of incremental backups for each full backup" quote for the respective backup location to 0.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. cfreiling

Ok, I changed the "maximum number of incremental backups for each full backup" to 0 and then started a backup and saved it to the bsp folder.

Now, my question is why does it make the 5 files shown in the attached image?

Attached Files:

6. Acronis Support

Hello cfreiling,

Please be aware that Acronis Backup Server manages backups via database approach, so archives are split and named automatically to fit database structure.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. cfreiling

Ok

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.